Here we go.

03 March 2014

HOW DO!

It's another crunchy snow day here in North Little Rock!  I love snow days.  It's FREE time.  Such a hot commodity!  But, seriously, I get to work on projects, do some self-care, drink coffee, stare out the window and watch birds eat the seed I just put out for them, take naps, make food, ... whatever I like!  The very best part of all of this is that we still have electricity.  Having internet is bonus.

Mardi Gras is tomorrow! You go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans just once and you're wanting to do it for life, is what I'm discovering.  Especially since it's been an unforgiving winter's winter.  I want to walk the streets and eat king cake and po boys, damnit!  I've got some homemade king cake ready to bake & take to the office for my co-workers tomorrow, if these icy streets let up.

I actually don't like king cake unless it's from Randazzo's, so I modified my cinnamon roll recipe by adding colored sugars on it. It is taking all of my power to not go ahead and bake up what I made for work.  [UPDATE:  we totally ate them.]
 photo 7A81D55E-B5DD-47FD-9DD1-6441E519F7A0_zpsoaypaivw.jpg

 photo DB5D925A-9F58-4ED6-9319-C28B86DE2986_zpsv5eohooq.jpg

 photo 858C5B80-1AC4-4F96-A0B0-CDA4780FB3B7_zpskqjs8ubt.jpg

 photo 7C57337F-C849-4E19-8FD3-02F5F9DC4687_zpssc59iwro.jpg

 photo 96651DF6-2757-4AB6-B706-7EA409FA144A_zpsvtxymjbu.jpg

On Saturday, ATM, Britt & I went to the SOMA Mardi Gras parade.  The parade was shorter this year, but there were so many more folks in attendance.  I was especially thrilled that the Central High School Jazz band performed and warmed up the crowd.

Too, I'm genuinely pleased that I've passed my M'Gras love on to Brittany.  She rocked her mask + beads and expressed a desire to start our own krewe and walk the parade next year.  Like it made me really proud. I'm game if we aren't actually in New Orleans!

 photo 5DACAD6A-1B5A-4654-A34F-936606EB10F8_zps9xqbmi9h.jpg
 Photo by ATM





2 comments:

byeva said...

That looks super good ! hope you had lots of fun, greetings from Sunny California (:

AMD & KMHD said...

Eva, thank you! And welcome! :)

Blog Archive